Saturday, September 20, 2008

Blogging Aussies

Welcome to 'Where the Blog Are You?'

This is a blog which connects Aussie bloggers to one another. By joining in you can meet new bloggers & be added to the blog indexes and have your blog featured! It's loads of fun!! Every 2 weeks we will feature a new blogger and get to know him/her. Hopefully we'll make new friends and add new blogs to our blogroll! (this is an updated approach, agreed on by vote...in case you were confused)

This is how you join in...


1. Leave me a comment below to let me know you're here. Anyone can join in but the blog with focus on featuring Aussie blogs including Aussies living overseas ...and those who aren't Aussies but are living in Australia at the moment.

2. Take a copy of the Where the blog are you? button by copying & pasting the code below and place it on the sidebar of your blog so that others can find out about this blog & join the fun. It'd be great if you wrote a post about the blog encouraging others to come and check it out.

3. If you'd like your blog to be featured then send me an email at thebloggingaussie@gmail.com directing me to your 3 favourite posts. I'll be visiting all those submitted and will start featuring blogs next week.

4. We will feature a new blog every 2 weeks. For the duration of those 2 weeks you are encouraged to check in regularly with the featured blogger. This is the best way to really get to know someone's blog! Featured bloggers have to commit to putting up 6 posts as a minimum during their 2 weeks so it's a good amount of time to get to know someone.

5. Visit the featured blogger regularly during the 2 weeks and comment your little heart out! This is key ! Everyone knows that bloggers love to get comments, to know that their hard work is paying off and that people are reading so show them some love and comment :)

6. I am going to put a blog directory together so while you're waiting for your blog to be featured, people can find you according to your blog theme and or location. I thought it'd also be fun to know which state we are all from. Wouldn't it be fun to find that the writer of your favourite blog only lives a couple of streets away?! If you'd like to be listed send me an email to thebloggingaussie@gmail.com with:
- your blog address,
- your blog theme (e.g. humour blog, personal, political, Christian, parenting etc...),
- your location (eg. Vic, NSW etc) this is optional but I am only asking for the state you are in so it's not too specific
- if you are an expat let me know where you are currently living, if you are a non-Aussie living here let me know where you are from.

6. Sign up for email updates and/or add Where the Blog Are You? to your Blog Reader. This is the best way to make sure you get all the latest info!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


There's more fun to come so stay tuned...for now leave me a comment and let's get started!

40 comments:

Joce said...

What a great idea Lou! Here's to finding fresh inspiration from Aussies in Blog-land - yay :)

Leslie said...

I'm enjoying being part of this. :)

Louisa Claire said...

I am so glad Leslie!!

Tonya Staab said...

Just wanted to let you know 'I'm here' and I'm so excited that this group has been formed.

Lin said...

i'm here! what a great idea!

Swift Jan said...

Hi all!

June Saville said...

Hi Louisa
My mate Lilly suggested I visit you and I'm pleased I did. Especially as you have featured her great blog this week.
I have two blogs which I feed regularly - can I become a member for each of them? Journeys in Creative Writing and 70 Plus and Still Kicking.
Where the Blog Are You? is a great idea.
Cheers
June on the Northern Rivers, NSW, Oz.

Anonymous said...

Hey. Found you through the aussie bloggers forum. Nice idea. Good luck :)

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea! :)

Nicole and Andrew said...

i would like to join in :o)

KH said...

I have just discovered this blog, fabulous idea, I'm always trying to find the Aussie blogs amongst the millions out there!
Kathryn

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just thought I'd say G'day and join in too. I haven't found many Aussie blogs and this seems to be the perfect place.
Cheers!

Lynda said...

Excellent!!! Sometimes I feel outnumbered by the Canadians (don't know how I ended up in their wake)
An Aussie ex-pat currently living in Egypt (Cairo) - Trying to keep sane by writing about the insanity that is my temp home.
Here are a couple of blog posts that I like... my fans seem to like the ones where they don't work too hard - lazy buggers!
http://lulusbay.blogspot.com/2008/05/lulus-bay-staff-meeting.html
Or there is this one...
http://lulusbay.blogspot.com/2008/04/sailing-by-otobees.html
Or even this one
http://lulusbay.blogspot.com/2008/02/no-spring-chicken.html

Great Idea... we Aussies need all the help we can get out there in the blogging world!

Cheers Lynda

Bethel of Bethania said...

G'day Louise. I've found you via Katy at ...
http://whatkatydiddesign.blogspot.com/ so of course once I saw the cockatoo I knew I had to pop on over immediately ...
Congratulations on a sterling idea & job ... I've sent in my update request but I'd also like to join in the fun when you have time ... OOroo ... Bethel of Bethania

Linda said...

Hi. I found you at My Aussie Antics via Before Our Time.

So far I have my cocky in place will work on the rest.

Clare said...

Hi, I have added the link to my blog. I found you through three ring circus :)
Cheers

Frankie and Bella said...

Hi! Another great blogging idea. Please check out our blog Frankie & Bella htttp://2minds1blog.blogspot.com. We are identical twins sharing 1 blog..fun times!

Unique Gowns said...

Hi
Just posted a link to this blog ! I am so glad you have established a blog for Oz land !
Dana

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toivoa ja Elämän said...

hey, i'm from adelaide, sa
my blog urls are www.icanneverthinkofgoodurlsrahh.blogspot.com
and www.iliketopretendicanwrite.blogspot.com
if that makes it easier for you to categorise by location

(:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea! I've already added some of you to my blogroll.
My blog is the musings of a mumof3,happilymarried, workingfromhome, permanently weight watching thirtysomething

http://livinglavidawhatthe.blogspot.com/

aykayem said...

This looks like a good idea! - the cocky is now on my blog, Up too late, as usual
I blog (but not that regularly sometimes) about all sorts of odd things (some very odd) but mostly about the textile arty stuff I do and some of the other stuff that I do - including photos of the dog, sunsets, insects, plants, etc ...

btw - the code I copied from this post just gave me a cocky picture that wasn't a link, but the code up at the top left of your blog had the bit that does make it into one. (so if people use the wrong one - they will get the cocky but it won't link back here).

Linda said...

I am going to submit my new blog as well.

Bec said...

Very cool - have submitted my blog :)

Chelsea Ann said...

I'm here!

Chelsea Ann Coconut

Silvia said...

I'm here too!

Great idea!!

Rie said...

Great idea! So... Hello from Melbourne!

Sarah said...

I'd love to join in the fun! I'm blogging from Sunny Queensland.

S said...

Our family life: http://familyfromfringes.blogspot.com

All things me: http://allthatsazz.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi there from Melbourne! I've lived up and down the eastern side of Oz but I'm pretty settled in Melbourne these days... although right now in the middle of winter I'd trade places for a spot up north for a month or so!
My blog's here if anyone wants to say hi:
http://joolzgirl.blogspot.com/
Cheers :)

Unknown said...

Nice Initiative..Just added your Button on my blog http://indianconnectioninsydney.blogspot.com/..

Viv

Unknown said...

Added to another of my blogs
Cheers
http://freelanceinaustralia.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea - I'm quite new to blogging and am keen to connect with new people!

cheers!

Sharni said...

G'day - phew finally found an aussie blogging network I have joined a thousand american ones!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea...I am new to this site and i will be bookmarking it.
I am addicted to blogging and meeting others Aussies YEP life couldn't get much better.
Cheers.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hello all
new to blogging but a long time lurker.

http://livemorenow.wordpress.com/

is my place to muse on things that make me think. Not very serious at all.

I am located in Far North Qld

Louisa Claire said...

Just a quick hello to those new to WTBAY and the oldies. I'm going to be updating the blog directory over the next little while based on the info here and that has been emailed to me.

I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE! I'm contemplating the future of this blog and it would be great if you could visit the blog and take the poll on the left nav to let me know if this blog would be useful and what you like/would like about it. Any additional comments (would be welcome!) either via the new post on the site or email: Louisa@everythingisedible.com

Thanks!

SilverMoon Dragon said...

Not sure if this site is still active, but if it is I'm interested in joining in...

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

A blogging friend from England led me to you. I'd love to be part of your blogging community and have posted about you on my blog, Susan's Saga. I'm a paper crafter, you will see :)

Louisa Claire said...

It's been almost 10 months since I last posted here but I'm back and SO EXCITED to tell you that so is WTBAY.

But.

We're moving - to a new community page that will enable us to be far more interactive than has been possible on this blog.

Bookmark it now and head on over - http://bloggingaussies.ning.com/

Then make sure you grab the button and write about it on your blog so we can spread the word!

If you've emailed me in the past 10 months wanting to join, I apologise that you have not had a reply. Now is the time to let me know again that you'd like your blog added to the directory - you can do this by emailing me at Louisa@everythingisedible.com or better yet but heading over to the new site:

http://bloggingaussies.ning.com/

joining up and leaving me a message.

I'm excited! I hope you are too... :)