Saturday, September 20, 2008
Welcome to 'Where the Blog Are You?'
This is a blog which connects Aussie bloggers to one another. By joining in you can meet new bloggers & be added to the blog indexes and have your blog featured! It's loads of fun!! Every 2 weeks we will feature a new blogger and get to know him/her. Hopefully we'll make new friends and add new blogs to our blogroll! (this is an updated approach, agreed on by vote...in case you were confused)
This is how you join in...
1. Leave me a comment below to let me know you're here. Anyone can join in but the blog with focus on featuring Aussie blogs including Aussies living overseas ...and those who aren't Aussies but are living in Australia at the moment.
2. Take a copy of the Where the blog are you? button by copying & pasting the code below and place it on the sidebar of your blog so that others can find out about this blog & join the fun. It'd be great if you wrote a post about the blog encouraging others to come and check it out.
4. We will feature a new blog every 2 weeks. For the duration of those 2 weeks you are encouraged to check in regularly with the featured blogger. This is the best way to really get to know someone's blog! Featured bloggers have to commit to putting up 6 posts as a minimum during their 2 weeks so it's a good amount of time to get to know someone.
5. Visit the featured blogger regularly during the 2 weeks and comment your little heart out! This is key ! Everyone knows that bloggers love to get comments, to know that their hard work is paying off and that people are reading so show them some love and comment :)6. I am going to put a blog directory together so while you're waiting for your blog to be featured, people can find you according to your blog theme and or location. I thought it'd also be fun to know which state we are all from. Wouldn't it be fun to find that the writer of your favourite blog only lives a couple of streets away?! If you'd like to be listed send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your blog address,
- your blog theme (e.g. humour blog, personal, political, Christian, parenting etc...),
- your location (eg. Vic, NSW etc) this is optional but I am only asking for the state you are in so it's not too specific
- if you are an expat let me know where you are currently living, if you are a non-Aussie living here let me know where you are from.
6. Sign up for email updates and/or add Where the Blog Are You? to your Blog Reader. This is the best way to make sure you get all the latest info!
There's more fun to come so stay tuned...for now leave me a comment and let's get started!
Labels: About The Blog