Thursday, October 30, 2008

Guest blogger... Femina

Hi everyone!  Lou has had a computer glitch so she's letting me hijack the show temporarily.

I thought I'd draw your attention to Operation Skinny Cow.  It was born out of a few offhand comments and jokes, and suddenly took on a life of its own. :)  It's a blog where a few of us decided to get together to support each other in our various fitness and weight-loss related goals.  This is NOT a blog where you have to come on and disclose your weight or your measurements.  That would be no fun at all!  Rather it's a place where you can talk about your goals in whatever level of detail you like; you can talk about your struggles; you can talk about your successes; you can let us know about the ice cream they named after us!  It's up to you. Just like WTBAY is all about the comments, Operation Skinny Cow is all about support.

If you'd like to join in the fun, drop me an e-mail at swellen1970[at]gmail[dot]com and I'll set you up as an author.

I also wanted to let you know about Movember (the month formerly known as November).  This is the month where men grow moustaches for the month in order to raise awareness and funds for men's health issues.  This year the funds go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation and Beyond Blue.  These are important organisations so please think about growing a mo (if you're a bloke) or sponsoring someone else to grow one (if you lack mo-growing abilities).

That's it from me.  It will be back to your scheduled programming tomorrow!

Cheers,
Femina

6 comments:

Lilly said...

Thanks for that Femina and hi to everyone. Operation Skinny cow sounds like lots of fun. Well done.

I really missed Louise's post this morning and hope her computer problems are fixed soon. We missed you Lou - you have done such a great job getting WTBAY off the ground!! Thanks to Femina for her post too!

Swift Jan said...

Hi Femina!
Thanks for the OSC plug :)

Dee said...

Hi femina, thanks for guest blogging, and for the reminer about Movember - the sole man in my office usually grows a mo for this.

June Saville said...

Hi Femina Skinny Cow seems a good idea. Paid a visit. I'll think about getting in touch if I can ever give up chocolate!
Thanks for the feature day for Journeys in Creative Writing yesterday Louisa.
Cheers
June

BG said...

Thanks Femina- I was wondering why the blog wasn't up at 7am as per usual. Operation Skinny Cow is very cool!
Belinda

Le said...

Hello Fem - glad to see Lou has a stand-in !

We would have missed the daily fix.

As a 'contibuting author' of skinny cow I must say it has already helped me 'hang in' and be stronger/braver/ more committed to my weight loss .... thanks v much for creating this group for us would be skinny cows - le xoxo