Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday's Silly Something

I'm here! I'm late but I'm here and I'm sorry. Let's just say my internet "issues" have escalated...not so fun.

What is fun is knowing that in 1838 it was declared illegal to swim at public beaches during the day! This law was enforced until 1902.

It is also fun to know that in 1832, 300 female Convicts at the Cascade Female Factory mooned the Governor of Tasmania during a chapel service. It was said that in a "rare moment of collusion with the Convict women, the ladies in the Governor's party could not control their laughter."

It seems the 1830's were a raucous time in our history!!!

On a serious note, it's not at all fun to know that the young Britt Lapthorne will not be coming home to her family. As fellow Aussies I am sure you will all join me in sending our deepest condolences to the Lapthorne family and friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at the terribly sad time.


See you tomorrow folks,
Louisa

3 comments:

Lilly said...

Louisa - that was really interesting about the 1830s - hilarious!!

I agree its a very sad for the Lapthorne family and friends. I have just been reading about it and my heart goes out to them. They do need our prayers too.

I hope your internet problems are temporary ones.

Dee said...

I thought maybe you were sleeping in....

Deepest sympathy to the Lapthornes, a terrible outcome.

Le said...

Hi Lou - we are all a bit late today ... have a lovey Sunday and yes our hearts do go out to the family who have lost their beautiful daughter - what grief this brings for them - hugs le