Monday, January 19, 2009

If this is your first visit to Where the Blog are you go here to find out more. Don't forget the key is in the comments so go to town, both on this site and the featured bloggers!

Subscribe to this blog



Welcome to 2009 at Where the Blog are You! It's great to see you back here!!

For the next two weeks we are going to get to know Trish. Trish blogs at My Little Drummer Boys. We'll be checking in regularly to see what she's up to. I encourage you to subscribe to her blog for (at least) the next two weeks, to read it and to comment, often. You can get subscribed here.

To get started I asked Trish a few questions...


How long have you been blogging?

To be honest 3.5 years ago on July 1st was the very first day I started to blog. I had just started the first part of my IVF cycle and I wanted what they had ...the circle of friendship and support. I read an article called "Falling Pregnant" about Tertia and Julie and their blogs in the June 2005 Australian Readers Digest. There were other infertility blogs too and they all really inspired me to start. Though it was a false start.

I started blogging properly again, when my boys were almost 11 months old, after Tiff at Three Ring Circus inspired me.


Why did you start?

Originally to journal my grief and trying to conceive via IVF. After adopting 15yrs ago, my first natural pregnancy ended when our daughter was stillborn at 26 weeks gestation in 2004. Six months later in 2005 we went down IVF path .Women I met through online parenting forums gave me the knowledge and courage to try again and pursue IVF because of our long history of infertility. A few had blogs. I read some of the well known blogs including Tertia and Julie.
I planned to have my own 'space' (blog) in 'cyber' space to do and say my own thing ...add links and write a ton of stuff anonymously. I couldn't do this on forums.

I had intense soul searching to do.I didn't want to tell family or friends in case we failed to get pregnant or suffered another loss.I wanted to journal our IVF experience 'privately' ... along with hundreds of strangers. I wondered if anyone else lived my life ...I was glad to see others struggled with the same things and that i wasn't alone. Not that I would wish life difficulties and loss on anyone.


Why do you blog now?

To journal my life with husband & my sons. I cannot imagine life without our cheeky little treasures that fill our lives with much love, joy and laughter. I hope it will be a record for them and to share a little with others going through the same joys and struggles.

I can’t blog much about friends or family because some of them read my blog and they would get very upset LOL. That is why sometimes I don’t write about emotional things that are great blog fodder. I do love to peek in the windows of other blogs to see how the manage what I am going through but can't ask for advice on. I want to look back on the hard parts that were difficult to get through and at the same time, the good parts that were/are amazing, wonderful.


What do you enjoy most about blogging?

Blogging has been so much fun and therapeutic plus you can win cool prizes. I'm not sure I could stop. I have made so many special connections with people I may never meet and I know better than some real life friends. I cherish my bloggy friends, they make me both laugh and cry, help me out, hold me up. It is a great community. I also learn so much about cooking, planning, photography,current affairs and general history...did I mention I have won a few very cool prizes.

Lastly , for many months I was the only visitor to my blog.I almost gave up till I started to get comments...don't we all love comments.


What blogs to you read and enjoy the most?

Boy oh boy ... that is the toughest question - how long have you got ? I can't leave anyone out so better check my Links Blogroll page - though there are more I read infrequently.


What do you love in a blog?


I love to put myself in their shoes and walk a mile with them ...well quite not in their shoes.
Mostly I enjoy the personal stories of others going through similar struggles and of course sharing their joys and mine. I love humour, the acts of random kindness stories and the everyday fun with kids and spouses.I love competitions too ;).


What are some posts we should read to get to know you?


This post is verbose

Carpe Diem - Seize the Day

Alphabet - You



What are you waiting for? Let's go meet Trish!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good answers!

Trish has a great blog. Glad to see she's the first featured blogger for the year :)

Louisa Claire said...

Good morning everyone!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Sorry, I wasn't at my desk yesterday and missed it. I'm off to visit.

Femina said...

I've just discovered this post... it didn't show up on Google reader, for some reason. Huh.

Off to have a read...

BG said...

Great to get to know a new blog- Trish's looks excellent.
Cheers,
Belinda