Sunday, September 21, 2008

Welcome!

I am so glad you are here!

My name is Louisa and a few months ago I came across a blog called The Secret is in the Sauce. This American website was established by Tiffany and Heather who wanted to create a fun and supportive blog community. By joining up and submitting your blog you are given the opportunity to be one of their daily featured bloggers and have lots of people come and visit your blog and leave you comments. Some of these new visitors will enjoy your blog and continue to visit you. As I explored some of these featured blogs I found new bloggy-friends however it was sad that none of them were fellow Aussies whom I one day may get to meet.

So... Where the blog are you? has been born. This is our Aussie chance to do the same thing, exploring the Australian blog community in a fun and interactive way!

So how does it work...

1. Leave me a comment below to let me know you're here. Anyone can join in the fun, but the blog with focus on featuring Aussie blogs including Aussies living overseas and those who aren't Aussies but are living in Australia at the moment.

2. Take a copy of the Where the blog are you? button by copying & pasting the code below and place it on the sidebar of your blog so that others can find out about this blog & join the fun. It'd be great if you wrote a post about the blog encouraging others to come and check it out. If you don't know how to do this, go here.

3. If you'd like your blog to be featured then send me an email at thebloggingaussie@gmail.com directing me to your 3 favourite posts. I'll be visiting all those submitted and will start featuring blogs tomorrow!

4. I am going to put a blog directory together so while you're waiting for your blog to be featured, people can find you according to your blog theme and or location. I thought it'd also be fun to know which state we are all from. Wouldn't it be fun to find that the writer of your favourite blog only lives a couple of streets away?! If you'd like to be listed send me an email to thebloggingaussie@gmail.com with:
- your blog address,
- your blog theme (e.g. humour blog, personal, political, Christian, parenting etc...),
- your location (eg. Vic, NSW etc) this is optional but I am only asking for the state you are in so it's not too specific
- if you are an expat let me know where you are currently living, if you are a non-Aussie living here let me know where you are from.

5. Check out the blog every day & let me know you are here by commenting. It can be as simple as "I'm here". Go and visit the featured blogger and leave them a comment! If you don't know what to write just try "Hi, I found you through Where the blog are you?" This is key ! Everyone blogger loves to get comments, to know that their hard work is paying off and that people are reading. In order for this to work you have to visit the featured blogger & leave them a comment (something about what they have written is obviously going to be great!)

6. Sign up for email updates and/or add Where the Blog Are You? to your Blog Reader. This is the best way to make sure you get all the latest info!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


There's more fun to come so stay tuned...for now leave me a comment and let's get started!

19 comments:

BG said...

Belinda here,
Sounds like a very cool idea. I look forward being part of it. Unfortunately I am still a technical novice and am not sure how to put the link on my site. Can you give a few more specific details as to where to put the text you've given us.
Thanks Lou!

Louisa Claire said...

Good point! I was wondering about this...have now created a post to tell you how to do this and have put in a link on the first post in case people are wondering...

Alexandra said...

I like the idea, although I must say that I usually don't think of myself as a specifically *Aussie* blogger. Not that that should make much difference, I suppose!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tina here :)
I'm looking forward to being a part of this. Sounds fun!
I've added the button to one of my blogs and will add it to my others when I get a chance.

Dee said...

Hi, Dee here, I have added your button to my blog!

Dee said...

Dee again, I am not sure if its my blog or not, but your button does not come out right, is the code missing something?

Louisa Claire said...

Hi Dee & Welcome! Can you tell me what happens when you try to add the button. I've just done a check at this end and it worked so I am just wondering what comes up at your end? Thanks!
Also, don't forget to email me your top 3 posts if you'd like to be a featured blogger! thebloggingaussie@gmail.com

Dee said...

It has a blank box at the topand some code at the bottom, I I fixed it by adding it a a pic with a link, but I can do it to my blog again and you can see it your end I hope. give me a minute

Louisa Claire said...

Hi Dee, I just updated the code...is it working for you now?

Dee said...

Not working right for me yet, might be my computer, I will try again tomorrow on a different computer. Thanks!

Louisa Claire said...

Hey Dee, yes please do let me know. I've just had another blogger add it at their end and it's worked so hopefully it will work for you too tomorrow! On another front, I've added you to the QLD blog page...cheers, Louisa

Dee said...

I still could not get it to work right, but I altered the code a little and it worked for me - go figure!

(Sent the code in an email)

Louisa Claire said...

Glad it's working for you and sorry for the trouble! If others can't get it to work please let me know. I think the code is right now...don't forget to leave me a comment above and go and visit today's featured blogger. She's amazing!

Le said...

Hello there - count me in ...

It's Le from Queensland - brisbane in fact - hello Dee - another Qld girl I met thru SITS.

This is a great GREAT GREAT concept Louisa ... Most of my limited readership is US gals ...

We seem a little lost here in Aust - my Aussie connects bar Dee already knew me prior to bloglife.

I will go add the button and would love to be featured so will email you soon ... my very best with this endevour - I will also blog about this so the gals can hook in too ...

my best to you le

Louisa Claire said...

Welcome Le! So glad you are here! Have added your blog to the QLD link and look forward to getting your three posts so you can be featured! Thanks for writing a post on your blog...that's great!

pipnvik said...

G'day!!! Its Phil from Melton, Vic.

Count Me in too.

www.campqualitycountrymiletour.blogspot.com

Ive added you to my blogroll.

Hi everyone

Louisa Claire said...

welcome Phil! Great to have you hear. Have added you to the VIC blogs and will put you in some other categories soon. Enjoy looking around!

Hippomanic Jen said...

OK, managed to get past the technology, so here goes.

Tash said...

Hi there! Just stumbled upon the site, actually from NaBloPoMo...and have been trolling through for quite some time! So good to find a home for Aussie Bloggers!

Will add your button to my blog...and add you to Google Reader...

My blog is www.jouljet.blogspot.com and I am in Vic.