Sunday, September 21, 2008
I am so glad you are here!
My name is Louisa and a few months ago I came across a blog called The Secret is in the Sauce. This American website was established by Tiffany and Heather who wanted to create a fun and supportive blog community. By joining up and submitting your blog you are given the opportunity to be one of their daily featured bloggers and have lots of people come and visit your blog and leave you comments. Some of these new visitors will enjoy your blog and continue to visit you. As I explored some of these featured blogs I found new bloggy-friends however it was sad that none of them were fellow Aussies whom I one day may get to meet.
So... Where the blog are you? has been born. This is our Aussie chance to do the same thing, exploring the Australian blog community in a fun and interactive way!
So how does it work...
1. Leave me a comment below to let me know you're here. Anyone can join in the fun, but the blog with focus on featuring Aussie blogs including Aussies living overseas and those who aren't Aussies but are living in Australia at the moment.
2. Take a copy of the Where the blog are you? button by copying & pasting the code below and place it on the sidebar of your blog so that others can find out about this blog & join the fun. It'd be great if you wrote a post about the blog encouraging others to come and check it out. If you don't know how to do this, go here.
4. I am going to put a blog directory together so while you're waiting for your blog to be featured, people can find you according to your blog theme and or location. I thought it'd also be fun to know which state we are all from. Wouldn't it be fun to find that the writer of your favourite blog only lives a couple of streets away?! If you'd like to be listed send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your blog address,
- your blog theme (e.g. humour blog, personal, political, Christian, parenting etc...),
- your location (eg. Vic, NSW etc) this is optional but I am only asking for the state you are in so it's not too specific
- if you are an expat let me know where you are currently living, if you are a non-Aussie living here let me know where you are from.
5. Check out the blog every day & let me know you are here by commenting. It can be as simple as "I'm here". Go and visit the featured blogger and leave them a comment! If you don't know what to write just try "Hi, I found you through Where the blog are you?" This is key ! Everyone blogger loves to get comments, to know that their hard work is paying off and that people are reading. In order for this to work you have to visit the featured blogger & leave them a comment (something about what they have written is obviously going to be great!)
6. Sign up for email updates and/or add Where the Blog Are You? to your Blog Reader. This is the best way to make sure you get all the latest info!
There's more fun to come so stay tuned...for now leave me a comment and let's get started!
Labels: About The Blog