Friday, October 17, 2008

If you are new to Where the Blog are you go here

Have you entered the lasted comp? If not, you should go check it out here.

Quick note: I'm still on very limited internet access and will be until the end of next week (doh!!). If you are new to WTBAY please let me say a VERY BIG WELCOME!! Let me know you are here by leaving a comment and when I am back online properly I will head over to visit your blog & say hi. If you'd like to be featured be sure to email me at thebloggingaussie{at}gmail{dot}com


Megan is relatively new to WTBAY but has been getting into the swing of things just marvellously!!! Megan's blog is of a more serious nature and I am really pleased to be able to feature the blog today and raise the awareness of an issue which unfortuntately faces many in our community. Put simply Imganinif asks Imaginif if there was a world without child abuse.

Emotional Intelligence and Feeling Words is a sensational post about taking ownership of one's experience and being able to express it in words. A fantastic post for everyone to read and especially powerful when thinking about modelling this behaviour to children.

$5 Teddies is a practical and afforable way to help those who are the victims of sexual assault find a voice that is safe, confidential and powerful.

Financial Protection is serious child protection business is our final post for the day and a really helpful one for the parents and child-carers amongst us who want to help our kids understand what's happening in the world at the moment and give them reassurance and a sense of security.

Imaginif is a business and it is for sale. You can find out more here

I hope you find today's blog poweful and informative! We'll be back on Monday for 5 fresh bloggers but will be here over the weekend with some other fun things happening! See you tomorrow...

11 comments:

Femina said...

I'm first! Good morning, everyone...

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your marvellous review of Imaginif. Although it is a very serious business I am also a very unserious personality and I love a good dolloping of serious fun :)

I am keen to sell Imaginif so that I can move onto something more creative and artistic (setting up a store for survivors healing art and taking my children's book on tour as a stage play - VERY EXCITING). I will remain a constant referral source for Imaginif and the Imaginif blogs because I firmly believe in the strength of community focused child protection.

And good morning to Femina who has already been over to Imaginif for a reading and a teachable moment. Here's waving right back at you Femina. Thanks so much for caring about child safety.

Mxxxxx

Le said...

hello there - off for a good read now - cheers le

Lilly said...

Morning all. Megan is truly a wonderful Ausie and an amzing personality. Her site is a godsend to many and she, on a personal sense is incredibly funny and gifted. she is a great blogger to be featured and I will go over there now to say hello. Thanks Louisa!

Louisa Claire said...

HI all! Just checking in quickly...enjoy Megan's blog today!!

Joce said...

Hello all! Not sure if I'm in the mood for a "serious" blog on a Friday afternoon... but will give it some thought at least. It is an important issue for sure. I used to do access supervision with DHS, some really tragic cases... :(

Dee said...

Hi everyone, off to read now.

Hippomanic Jen said...

G'day. It's Friday and I've been in a seminar all day.

BG said...

Hi guys,
A day late (had an exam yesterday- which went well incidently)
Wow, very powerful.
Belinda

Leslie said...

G'day from Canberra. Am a day late as things are too hectic here.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the visits everyone. I have just had the weekend off so will go and repay all the visits now.
Louisa, thank you for everything that you do.
Mxxxx
PS: I am going to marry Lilly when I grow up - how sweet is she?