Thursday, November 6, 2008

Motivational Monday...on Thursday

If this is your first visit to Where the Blog are you go here to find out more.

Today I am trying out a new feature so I'd love your feedback. As the title suggests this may be a regular feature for Monday's...just 'cause it rhymes. All suggestions & feedback is welcome.

The way it works...I'll give you some motivation for a post. You choose the topic you want to write about and let know using Mister Linky (below). Then you can all go and read each other's posts for the day!

So here's some motivation for you...
1. (for something nostalgic) Can you remember the first time you did something new - your first day of school, of a new job, as a parent, sending your child to school, or something else entirely. How did you feel?

2. (for something obvious) How are you feeling about the new President of the United States of America!

3. (for something deep) How are you feeling about the current global economic situation and how it may affect you or your family?

4. (for something fun) Think back to your teenage/university years. Share a tale of youthful folly and fallout(?) :)

Hope you find this fun! I look forward to reading your posts...

12 comments:

Louisa Claire said...

For some reason this has posted now and not tomorrow morning but I am sure you'll all cope :) ENJOY!

Leslie said...

G'day hope your week is going well. :)

Still getting the pop ups today - this is the URL:

http://code2win.com/realm/adpep/phonecard_03/

No biggy - I am only mentioning it as you asked us to. :)

Dee said...

Good motivations. I have a full day today, so it will be tonight before I post!

Femina said...

Good morning! I usually have absolutely no time to post on Thursdays but Mondays are ideal - Tuesday is my day off so I'm all relaxed and happy on Monday evenings.

Can someone explain how the Mister Linky thing works? Does it link forever or just for a particular post? What does it look like on this site and on my blog?

Louisa Claire said...

Hi all, I've entered my details above as per the instructions and you can see that it just links people to my blog. Instead of putting your name in the comments section where people have to scroll through to see who's written a post on one of the topics it links your names above...make sense?

Swift Jan said...

G'day! Rightio... Off to post!

Swift Jan said...

http://code2win.com/realm/adpep/phonecard_02/

That was my pop up....

Lilly said...

Hi there Louisa, its a good idea. I just did a post on the US elections yesterday combined with the other race we know so well, the Melbourne Cup so I may leave it this week and wait till next week. Giving some inspiration is a good idea.

Louisa Claire said...

Lilly, feel free to link us to the US election post you wrote at Mister Linky above :)

BG said...

Hi Lou,
Idea sounds awesome, would normally do it- but exam study is taking president at present.

Givinya De Elba said...

I've been totally hopeless checking out WTBAY and SITS and friends' blogs, etc. My eyes get scratchy with all my blogging sometimes, and I know I need to rein it in.

BUT I did get nostalgic and post about my college memories, and how they link to my life today sitting on my kid's bedroom floor.

No popups still for me. (I feel a bit left out.)

Le said...

hi Lou - I love this idea as it is great to have a focus and be streached a bit .... I was like Lilly and had already written a wee usa post so have linked that up -- cheers le